Hello all! Happy Friday, wherever you are in the world! Today I’m bringing you the start of a short series of little posts about the moon phases. Each month will feature a different phase, and this month’s focuses on the Dark Moon, which is about to occur in the northern hemisphere.
This month, the Dark Moon occurs on the 29th. It’s the briefest of the moon phases, lasting only for a couple days.
The Dark Moon can be a time for banishing some serious, malicious issues or people, but it can also be prime time for relaxation and gentle renewal, and that’s what I’m focusing on for this post, especially as it’s a lovely way to ring in the new year!
THINGS TO DO ON DARK MOONS:
- If you’ve been wanting to start a healthier eating plan (I refuse to say the word “diet”), do it!
- Write down a list of all the ideas or desires running around in your mind. Try not to limit yourself!
- Gather magazines, art supplies, glitter, stickers, scissors, markers, and gel pens. Create a vision board that you can hang up where you can easily see it every day, and fill it full of all the things you want to see manifested in your life.
- Get a nice spa facial or finally use that fancy face mask you’ve been saving for a rainy day.
- Enjoy relaxing tea of the chamomile or catnip varieties as often as you’d like.
- Relax and meditate. Light some candles and get into super cozy clothes and under your favourite blankets as you rest and renew yourself.